I made a post the other day on back to school shots, blood draws for lead testing and back to school physicals. So many parents don’t know about lydocaine which makes getting a lead test for a child so much easier on the parent and child. Well I also had a reader tell me about back to school vaccines for kids that are completely FREE.
Click here for the post on lidocaine to make a back to school blood draw so much easier! ☺
Here is a cut and paste of what I found on the website for information on eligibility:
Children through 18 years of age who meet at least one of the following criteria are eligible to receive VFC vaccine:
- Medicaid eligible: A child who is eligible for the Medicaid program. (For the purposes of the VFC program, the terms “Medicaid-eligible” and “Medicaid-enrolled” are equivalent and refer to children who have health insurance covered by a state Medicaid program)
- Uninsured: A child who has no health insurance coverage
- American Indian or Alaska Native: As defined by the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (25 U.S.C. 1603)
- Underinsured: A child who has commercial (private) health insurance but the coverage does not include vaccines, a child whose insurance covers only selected vaccines (VFC-eligible for non-covered vaccines only), or a child whose insurance caps vaccine coverage at a certain amount. Once that coverage amount is reached, the child is categorized as underinsured. Underinsured children are eligible to receive VFC vaccine only through a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or Rural Health Clinic (RHC).
Find more savings related to Back to School
- » CVS Bargains: CVS Coupon Match Ups Including CVS Back To School Deals
- » Walgreens Deals: Walgreens Coupon Match Ups Including Walgreens Back to School Bargains
- » Back to School Coupons: Scotch Brite Botanical Wipes Coupon
- » Tax FREE Shopping Days in Your State
- » Target Back To School: Target Bargains & Target Coupon Match Ups!